"You can make anything by writing."
--C.S. Lewis


"Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted"
-- Percy Shelley



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Love in Shades of Grey - A Poem

I have been writing a lot of poetry lately, so i just figured I would throw one of my most recent poems up for kicks, seeing as I have not posted in a while. enjoy.








A Love in Shades of Grey


My mind is wrapped, my thoughts entrapped
at dusk and dawn of day;
with a spectacle , so powerful
of love that fades to grey


Tis ironic how, a love so empowered 
doth live while we decay.
Our bodies break, and hearts will ache
but not to loves dismay.


This attitude o' such loves fortitude
does not come sure as day,
but upon I do, is a promise to
romance in shades of grey


True love is past, it cannot last
the world seems to convey.
Dear souls shall desecrate, then separate
entrapped in disarray.


Oh abhorrent thoughts, that I will not
let o'er my mind have way.
For the love I've found, will surely resound
in spectacles of grey.


So now my dear, with open ear
lay down and hear me say,
Oh rest your head, my beloved
and love in shades of grey.



1 comment: